We charge a $150 consultation fee but it only costs $125 if you pay upfront for your consultation. Save $25 on fee!
Skip to Content

Building a Future Together: Insights into the Fiancé(e) Visa

engaged couple

If you are in a committed relationship with a foreign national and both intend to marry in the United States, the K-1 fiancé(e) visa may be the appropriate choice for bringing your fiancé(e) to the U.S.

Key Considerations for Applying for a K-1 Fiancé(e) Visa

The K-1 visa is designed specifically for the fiancé(e)s of U.S. citizens who wish to enter the U.S. to get married.

Here are some key points to consider when deciding whether and when to apply for a K-1 fiancé(e) visa:

  • Intent to Marry: The K-1 visa is suitable if you and your fiancé(e) genuinely plan to marry within 90 days of their entry into the United States.
  • U.S. Citizenship: As the petitioner, you must be a U.S. citizen to sponsor your fiancé(e) for a K-1 visa. If you are a lawful permanent resident (green card holder), the K-1 visa is not an option.
  • Relationship Requirements: You and your fiancé(e) must have a genuine, bona fide relationship and be able to provide evidence of your relationship, such as photographs, correspondence, and other documentation.
  • Timing: The K-1 visa process can take several months, so planning and initiating the process well before your wedding date is essential.
  • 90-Day Requirement: Once your fiancé(e) enters the U.S. on a K-1 visa, you must marry within 90 days of their entry. If you do not marry within this time frame, your fiancé(e) must leave the country.
  • Planning and Preparation: Understanding the requirements, documentation, and steps involved in applying for a K-1 visa is essential.

Guidance from an Attorney for a Smooth Process

An experienced family immigration attorney can handle the process correctly and efficiently. Immigration laws and procedures may change, so it's advisable to consult with a lawyer or directly with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for the most current and accurate information regarding the K-1 fiancé(e) visa process.

Contact American Dream® Law Office, PLLC today for personalized guidance on your K-1 fiancé(e) visa journey in Tampa. Call (888) 991-3336 or complete an online form today.

Share To:

Contact American Dream Law Office, PLLC Today!

We’re Ready to Help

A member of our team will be in touch shortly to confirm your contact details or address questions you may have.

  • Ultimate Convenience
    Attorney Ahmad Yakzan is your reliable immigration attorney from St. Petersburg Tampa, Florida to Washington, D.C. We also have offices that are conveniently located to serve you in Clearwater, Dunedin, New Port Richey, Oldsmar, Land o’ Lakes, Plant City, Lakeland, and Zephyrhills.
  • Flexible Communication
    For your convenience, we offer in-person, phone, or teleconferencing consultations. Attorney Ahmad Yakzan would be glad to accommodate you in one of our offices in St. Petersburg and Tampa, Florida.
  • Competitive Prices
    Spare no expense in attaining and protecting your American Dream® with the help of Attorney Ahmad Yakzan. Our small consultation retainer will be credited towards our legal fees when you retain our office. We offer competitive rates for excellent legal services.