The Immigration and Naturalization act (INA) contains many waivers. The main goal of these waivers is to allow long time residents of the United States, or persons with strong ties to remain in the United States. One of these waivers is a waiver under INA §212(h). This waiver is applicable to several grounds of inadmissibility under the INA, including:
- Inadmissibility under INA §212(a)(2)(A)(i)(I) relating to crimes involving moral turpitude
- Inadmissibility under INA §212(a)(2)(A)(i)(II) offenses relating to possession of less than 30 grams of marijuana
- Inadmissibility under INA §212(a)(2)(B) relating to more than one criminal conviction
- Inadmissibility under INA §212(a)(2)(D) relating to prostitution
- Inadmissibility under INA §212(a)(2) (E) assertion of immunity from prosecution
There are three waivers under INA §212(h):
- Waiver under INA §212(h)(1)(A) relating to prostitution or the crime for which the immigrant is inadmissible occurred more than 15 years ago
- Extreme hardship waiver for criminal grounds if the immigrant’s United States citizen or lawful permanent resident qualifying relatives would endure extreme hardship under INA §212(h)(1)(B)
- Waivers for self-petitioners under the Violence Against Women Act under INA §212(h)(1)(C)
Contact Us About Waivers today.
Attorney Ahmad Yakzan came to the United States as a young man to pursue a dream that seemed elusive at times. He struggled but knew what he was aiming for was worth it because he met people who helped him with his goals. Although the dream seemed distant, he carried on.
Attorney Ahmad Yakzan is your reliable immigration attorney from St. Petersburg Tampa, Florida to Washington, D.C. We also have offices that are conveniently located to serve you in Clearwater, Dunedin, New Port Richey, Oldsmar, Land o’ Lakes, Plant City, Lakeland, and Zephyrhills.
For your convenience, we offer in-person, phone, or teleconferencing consultations. Attorney Ahmad Yakzan would be glad to accommodate you in one of our offices in St. Petersburg and Tampa, Florida.
Spare no expense in attaining and protecting your American Dream™ with the help of Attorney Ahmad Yakzan. Our small consultation retainer will be credited towards our legal fees when you retain our office. We offer competitive rates for excellent legal services.
4815 E Busch Blvd., Ste 206
Tampa, FL 33617 United States
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY St. Petersburg
8130 66th St N #3
Pinellas Park, FL 33781
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY Orlando
1060 Woodcock Road
Orlando, FL 32803, USA
By Appointment Only New York City
495 Flatbush Ave. Second Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11225, USA
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY Miami
66 W Flagler St 9th Floor
Miami, FL 33130, United States