We are offering free phone consultations to DACA recipients. The offer is open to the first 50 DACA recipients who schedule a phone consultation before 3/1/18. Use code DACA2018.
Many advocates have shown disdain to the budget deal that was struck last week. We averted a long government shutdown. However, the fate of DACA recipients is still in limbo. Here is to keeping the Dream Alive.
I posted this video last week to keep the faith.
Advocates should not despair. The fight starts Monday when the Majority Leader is to start the debate on the #DREAMER and #DreamAct in both chambers. Here is what to expect:
- Even though the legislation has a good chance to pass in the Senate, its fate is not certain in the House. There are many more conservatives, and honestly progressives, who might vote against the legislation if it does not go their way. Now is the time to call your Senators and Congress members to push the legislation.
- The proposal will likely include more than the 700,000 original DACA recipients. The White House’s proposal expanded the class of potential beneficiaries to 1.8 million. However, the devil is in the details. Conservatives might oppose such expansion if the proposal does not end so-called “chain migration“. I am still having a hard time understanding what the term means. However, one this is certain, it is a conservative push to limit legal immigration. I expect a long legal fight if this actually passes. DACA recipients should be proactive. You should speak to an immigration attorney as soon as you can.
Our number is (813) 499-1250. Offer ends 3/1/18.
Feel free to share.
- Four DACA Alternatives You May Not Know About!!
- Three Things to Know About the Supreme Court’s DACA Decision
- Your Dream is my Dream Book
- What Was Your Life Like Before Coming To The United States?
- What Do The Wolf Memo And The Edlow Memo Say?